This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of USEED, Inc. dba Funderbolt ("Funderbolt," "we" or "our") in relation to our customers, websites, products, online services and online user information ("Privacy Statement"). This Privacy Statement does not apply to the websites of our Business Partners (as defined below) or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact.
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our customers and from our websites and other online visitors ("you" or "your"), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, "Business Partner" means any subcontractor, vendor, agent or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information.
By using the Funderbolt websites, products or online services, you consent to the collection and use of the Personal Information as described here.
2. Information We Collect
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our websites or applications;
- Participate in digital fundraising and crowdfunding projects, whether as a crowdfunder, campaigner, donor, beneficiary or the like;
- Request quotes;
- Request services or training (e.g., crowdfunding training and governance, digital fundraising consulting), support, downloads, trials, or information;
- Purchase our products or services;
- Register for events or webinars;
- Create and manage an account;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Provide a testimonial;
- Subscribe to newsletters, Funderbolt programs, marketing and promotional emails or other materials;
- Contact us.
" Personal Information " means information that may directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, home address, contact telephone numbers, Internet Protocol (" IP ") address, location data, user IDs and passwords, or payment information (e.g., credit card number, billing information). It may also include work information such as job title, industry, and other business or company information. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences. We may ask for your national identity number and other data to process your credit or financing request.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Funderbolt, information collected through one source may be combined with information Funderbolt obtains through public sources. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customized profiles about you.
Some Funderbolt services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both Funderbolt and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services and may use the information according to each company's privacy statement and other agreements with you.
2.1 Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect behavioral and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Funderbolt websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
When you activate your Funderbolt product, we collect certain information about your device, the Funderbolt product, and your product key access code. Some of our products include features that connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the product. We may keep track of information such as whether the update was successful or not.
2.2 Information from Third Party Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: page-view information from some business partners with which we operate co-branded services or joint offerings, and credit history information. We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, products and services to you and to help prevent and detect fraud.
3. How We Use Personal Information
3.1 Funderbolt may use your Personal Information to:
- Process your purchase orders and deliver the products, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site;
- Diagnose problems with our websites, products and services, and to administer our websites;
- Contact you, and provide you with information about your transaction status including order confirmations, billing or payment, expiration of your maintenance fee, specific Funderbolt programs in which you have chosen to participate, products, and services available from Funderbolt, events, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate your use of our website, including Funderbolt newsgroups and blogs;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products and services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Personalize content, create personal profile areas, view protected content and implement your preferences;
- Meet our contractual obligations and enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts with you;
- Prevent fraud, software piracy, and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our customers as well as Funderbolt; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
3.2 Legal Basis of Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- For compliance with a contractual obligation. We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your Personal Information.
- For compliance with Funderbolt's legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, taxation and anti-money laundering laws).
- Funderbolt's (and its Business Partners') legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.3 Retention of Your Data
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, for as long as your account is active, and in accordance with Funderbolt's retention policies and applicable law.
3.4 International Transfers
Funderbolt may transfer your Personal Information to other companies within Funderbolt and/or to Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States of America and other countries in which Funderbolt or its subsidiaries, affiliates or Business Partners are active. In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with our subsidiaries, affiliates and Business Partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
4. How We May Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with Funderbolt subsidiaries, if any, or Business Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business (or that of our subsidiaries, if any) more responsive to your needs. Our subsidiaries, if any, and/or Business Partners may contact you with information about Funderbolt, and Funderbolt-branded products, services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with Funderbolt subsidiaries, if any, and Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by Funderbolt.
In addition, Funderbolt may share your Personal Information with participants in our crowdfunding and digital campaign projects, and our sales and services chain, for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for Funderbolt products and services.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if Funderbolt (or a part of Funderbolt) is sold or merges with another company or if we sell a Funderbolt website, product or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company; or if Funderbolt reasonably believes it is necessary to protect Funderbolt, its customers or the public.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
5. How You Can Access Your Information
Funderbolt wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To view or edit your Personal Information that has been stored online in your Funderbolt account, please visit the "Update Your Info" section of the funderbolt.com website. For the security of your account, you will be required to sign in with your login ID and password.
6. Your EU Data Protection Rights
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
- Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to email@example.com or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
7. Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and the Creation of Customized Profiles about You
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from Funderbolt by indicating your preferences. You can click "unsubscribe" in any marketing email communications or newsletters about our products and services or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out of allowing us to create a customized profile about you.
Any marketing by Funderbolt, or any third parties on behalf of Funderbolt, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences.
Please allow up to 5 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
8. Is my Personal Information secure?
Funderbolt takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- Having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid "phishing" scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from Funderbolt asking for your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Funderbolt cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information.
9. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Funderbolt's essential features. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Funderbolt websites and services that depend on cookies.
9.2 Targeted Display Advertising by Funderbolt and Others
9.3 Targeted Email Marketing by Funderbolt
Some marketing you receive may be personalized based on your visits to funderbolt.com and your browsing history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view on funderbolt.com. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive.
10. How We and Our Partners Use Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology
Funderbolt or its Business Partners may use web beacons on our websites, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others' email messages. Similarly, third parties whose content or advertisements appear at funderbolt.com, or whose email of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened and determining how many times an email message is forwarded. Subject to local laws, messages funderbolt.com sends to our users, may also place web beacons in their advertisements or email messages for the purposes of measuring the effectiveness of the content, advertisements or email messages.
We may allow some of our Business Partners to compile individual or aggregated statistics from the use of web beacons on funderbolt.com by Funderbolt, its agents or others, to determine the effectiveness of online marketing and to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser's site. No Personal Information about you is shared with Business Partners for this research.
You can make some web beacons unusable by rejecting cookies in your web browser.
When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may use pixel tags, tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Personal Information to personalize your experience on funderbolt.com and to provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements.
11. Social Media Features
12. Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Please be aware that Funderbolt provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to used.net are not covered by this Privacy Statement.
13. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Personal Information.
14. Contacting Us
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
7135 E Camelback Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Effective Date: May 24th, 2018